Junior Achievers (White and Yellow Belt)
The Junior Achievers program (6 to 12 years old) will see students through their white and yellow belts. Once promoted to orange belt, students continuing in Jiu Jitsu, will reaffirm their commitment by joining the Black Belt Champions program.
The Junior Achievers curriculum is divided into 3 modules per belt, represented by 3 curriculum stripes (black). In addition to the 3 curriculum stripes, students will need to attain 3 “Discipline” stripes (green) and finally a “red tip”, before being invited to test for their next belt.
The Teaching Rotation
Students need to attend a minimum of 8 classes within that rotation. Classes do not carry over to the next module. (for now we are taking into consideration COVID and the punch card system)
Attendance Cards – Not being used during COVID.
Students are required to hand the attendance card to the instructor/advanced belt as they go on to the mat. The cards are located in the Junior Achievers card box at the front desk and filed by the student’s last name. If a student can’t find their card, they should alert the front desk so that they are attended for that day.
Discipline stripes (green stripes) represent black belt qualities being demonstrated outside of the dojo. Students are required to earn 3 discipline stripes at each belt level. To earn discipline stripes, a student must complete assignments as outlined on the Discipline Stripe form.
Discipline stripes should be earned within two weeks of a promotion (ie. stripe 1, 2 weeks after white belt promotion; stripe 2, 2 weeks after curriculum stripe #1; and stripe 3, 2 weeks after curriculum stripe #2)
Students who have attended 8 classes or more, within the 5 week rotation, will automatically be promoted during week 4 or 5.
- Module 1 (5 weeks)
- Promoted to white belt
- Submit “Discipline Stripe” form for stripe 1 within two weeks of white belt promotion
- Receive 1st curriculum stripe during week 4 or 5 (if attended 8 classes)
- Module 2 (5 weeks)
- Submit “Discipline Stripe” form for stripe 2 during week 1 or 2
- Receive 2nd curriculum stripe during week 4 or 5 (if attended 8 classes)
- Module 3 (5 weeks)
- Submit “Discipline Stripe” form for stripe 3 during week 1 or 2
- Receive 3rd curriculum stripe during week 4 or 5 (if attended 8 classes)
- Last day of week 5 (Saturday)
- Belt test and promotion to yellow belt
*Above timeline will be repeated from yellow belt to orange belt